Monday, February 12, 2007

Many, many thanks

It's 3:00 on Monday afternoon, and here I sit, trying to begin a blog for what seems like the millionth time. Although I really should be working, I find it hard to concentrate on much this afternoon. Too much is going on inside this head of mine. Although my thoughts are good, they make it hard to be patient with life at times, even when I know that life is going to work out.

This impatience of mine is one reason that I am grateful for the online postings I have recently stumbled across. There are so many of you who have been a part of my life, individuals who have never been forgotten, but who have never been thanked enough - it is beautiful to see your lives, to read about the struggles and the heartache and the honesty and the love. It is a gentle reminder of God's goodness that encompasses this life

I wish I could tell all of you how you have encouraged me these past few weeks. To see the friendships that transcend time and place makes my heart smile with gladness, especially during a time of discouragement at the lack of godly relationships in this small Oklahoma town. Through you all, I have seen you don't have to be in the same place, doing the same thing for a godly friendship to exist. You can encourage one another and lift one another up even through something so seemingly as silly as an internet site.

Thank you, Lauren, Shannon, Rebekah, Rachel, Jen, Lindsey, and so many others, for showing the world what true friendship looks like, for allowing me to learn from you every single day, much like I did when we all interned that crazy summer, and for reminding me of why I love you girls so much. Seriously, can't I just pack up all of your families and move you to Stillwater?? There'd be free babysitting, I promise!

8 comments:

Lin said...

KALA!!! I saw you over on Lauren's blog. Yea! I'm so excited you're a blogger now.

Rachel & I have recently talked about how important it is for us to lift each other up in the Lord. It's been so great to be able to get on the net & find encouragement thru old friends.

Your dad said something in a sermon that I often recall to mind...God has sovereignly placed us in the situation that we're in. He is always by our side & will never forsake us. That is so comforting to me.

Miss you...Look forward to reading your posts!

Lin said...

one more thing...
stillwater = free babysitting?? hmmm, might just have to think about that! :)

Shannon said...

Kala, you made my heart happy tonight! What a sweet blessing to hear from you...now come on, stillwater isn't that far from dallas, right?

Jen said...

Ah, a new blogger in the family. Good to read you. All you chicks sure are encouraging.

But are you sure about this babysitting thing? Last night Micah and I went for our first dinner out since becoming parents, leaving Noel at home with my sister. Only an hour and a half later, we called to say we were heading for a quick ice cream and would she like for us to bring her some. Noel was screaming in the background, but my sister told us to go anyway, that he'd been doing that for about 45 minutes, but she could take it. Ah, my sweet sister.

By then, we were way too frozen (so cold last night!) so we opted for hot chocolate at home instead, and Noel calmed down fairly quickly. . . .

So, we'll be in Stillwater soon, and I'm sure Noel will be fine . . . just fine :)

Elizabeth said...

Kala, Yeah!!!! I am so glad I get to hear about you. Talk about being an encouragement that was always you to me. You have always been such a blessing!!!!
One day I bought the book Abide in Christ just because I remembered you talking about how good it was. I still think of you when I hear the phrase Abide in Christ.
I miss all those Springs days.
Keep the post coming!

Lauren said...

Hey Valentine! I love you and your family SO much. (Gosh, I love you guys.) Thinking of you and soo glad you're blogging with us now. :) Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Kala,
You sweet thing, it's been waaaaay too long. How are you?? Guess what...we are movin' back to the port!!! The plans are to move in late May, early June, so hopefully we will be able to see you a lot more often. That was the sweetest post, boy do I miss those awesome times we had those summers. You are so incredible and I know that God has amazing plans for you. Can't wait to hear from you again

Lin said...

ok, kala....give us something....a pic....a story....anything! :)